- Scholarships are available to full-time students entering their final year of undergraduate study in the fall of 2009.
- Applicants must be majoring in the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic science, and/or must show clear intent to make the atmospheric or related sciences their career.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in an accredited U.S. institution, and must have a cumulative grade-point average of at least a 3.25 on a scale of 4.0 at the time of application.
Evaluation and Selection
The evaluation of applicants will be based on applicant’s performance as an undergraduate student, including academic records and recommendation. Selection will be made by the AMS Executive Committee based on recommendations from the AMS Committee of Judges for Undergraduate Awards. The AMS does not prepare written evaluations of either successful or unsuccessful candidates.
Number and amount of scholarships vary.
Please complete all 6 sections of the application. Letters of references and official transcripts may be sent under separate cover. All applications and supporting materials must be postmarked no later than the deadline date. Written references will be accepted via e-mail and can be sent to dsampson[at]ametsoc.org .
Application packages must be postmarked by deadline has passed. Send your complete application package to:
Attn: Undergrad Scholarship Program
45 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
Application and Instructions (PDF)
Direct any questions to Donna Sampson, (617) 227-2426 ext. 246 or Stephanie Armstrong, (617) 227-2426 ext. 235.
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1120 G Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington DC, 20005-3826
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-227-2425 Fax: 617-742-8718
- American College of Surgeons Traveling Fellowship to Germany
- Master Scholarships, BBVA Foundation, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of North American Studies, Germany
- 2012 - 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- 2011 – 2012 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Harvard Postdoctoral Position in Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Pacific University, USA
- GESA Postgraduate Medical Research Scholarship, Australia
- The Michigan Society of Fellows 2010, University of Michigan, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada