The Ancora-Khazanah Asia Scholarship is a collaboration between the Ancora Foundation and Yayasan Khazanah to allow Indonesians to pursue a four-year undergraduate education at leading Malaysian universities.
This programme supports Yayasan Khazanah’s objective to develop future business and industry leaders in the region. It further provides a means for Khazanah and its group of companies to contribute towards the social development of the countries it has operational interests, especially Indonesia.
It seeks candidates with an excellent academic record and rigor in extra curricular activity. It is a highly competitive process. Since 2009, five candidates were selected from a field of around 500 applicants. They have several universities to choose from. These include Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Universiti Multimedia, Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Malaya and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
Applicants should (a) not exceed 21 years; (b) have completed Sekolah Menengah Umum 3 (SMU3) and obtained average points of 8.5 in the Ujian Akhir Nasional by August 2014 or obtained a minimum of 3As & 1B for A-Levels or a minimum CGPA 3.50/4.00 or ‘A’ grade average or equivalent for a pre-university or matriculation programme; (c) demonstrate proficient command of English Language; and (d) show strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
2014 Recruitment and Selection
NEW!! The registration period for the 2014 intake (Academic Year 2014-2015) is open. The electronic registration form (Microsoft Excel file) and the procedure is available for download.
Read through the procedure while filling out the registration form. Complete the electronic registration form and, along with a passport photograph with a blue background (max file size 500 KB), send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration period will be closed on January 5, 2014, 15:00WIB. Further instructions for qualifying applicants will be informed via email. We will not accept or process any forms that arrive after the registration period is closed.
Terms and Conditions
Each fellowship is tenable for a four-year undergraduate program at any of the selected Malaysian universities. The successful candidate is expected to complete his/her studies within the tenable period.
Each scholarship shall cover the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees (as specified by the respective Malaysian universities);
- Living costs; and
- Return air-ticket (economy class)
- Khazanah Asia Scholarship for Postgraduate in Collaboration with CIMB Niaga & XL Axiata
- Astro Kasih Undergraduate Scholarships for Indonesian Citizens
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
- Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
- CIMB Niaga Scholarship for Indonesian Students, University of Malaya & National University of Malaysia
- Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
- Center for Religious and Cross Cultural Studies, Graduate School Of Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- Undergraduate (S1) Scholarships from Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
- Partial Scholarships for Indonesian Students, London School of Commerce, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarship in Science and Non Science, Astro - Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.