International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (IUMS)
IUMS is intended for international students who study for their first degree at Newcastle University. This partial scholarship has a value of £2,250 for the first year of study. Eligible applicants will be considered based on the information given on their UCAS application form.
International students must have:
- applied through UCAS by 30 June and been offered a place to study on one of our degree programmes for 2012/13 entry
- been assessed as overseas for fees purposes
- already achieved or will achieve an agreed level of academic performance in their pre-university qualifications
- already accepted or will accept Newcastle University as their first choice university
If you have any queries regarding this award, please contact Student Financial Support on:
Tel: +44 (0) 191 222 8107
Fax: +44 (0) 191 222 8685
International Family Discounts (IFD)
The University offers partial discounts to close relatives (husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) of students/graduates, who have been assessed as ‘international’ for fees purposes, and who wish to pursue their studies at Newcastle University or are currently studying here. Each award is worth 10% of the tuition fees per annum for the normal duration of the degree programme payable into the student’s tuition fee account.
Students may only apply for a discount if they are registered as a student at the University or after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree programme and have been assessed as international for fees purposes.
Where two family members are intending to start their studies in 2012 or are currently studying at the University, one will be able to apply for an IFD. The value of these awards is 10% of the tuition fees for each year of the degree programme.
Completed forms should be sent via e-mail or post to:
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 222 5537
The University reserves the right to vary these scholarship conditions at its sole discretion.
- Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship for Indonesia, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships, UK
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- Sager Family Foundation Graduate Scholarship for Working Musicians, Newcastle University, UK
- The US Friends Student Scholarship, Newcastle University, UK
- The Napolitano Student Scholarship, Newcastle University, UK
- Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS), UK
- Newcastle University Business School Enterprise and Innovation Scholarship, UK
- PhD Studentship in Computer Science Verification of Cyber-Physical Systems, Newcastle University, UK
- PhD Studentship, ESRC / Scottish Government, Exploring the Social Objectives and Impacts of UK Fisheries Policy, UK