International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarships
Value: $5,000 | Seven (7) Scholarships Available
International applicants entering year one of a full-time, four-year undergraduate degree program at Ryerson in Fall 2011. Applicants must meet the following criteria and will be considered on a competitive basis:
A) Enrolling in a post-secondary institution for the first time and have completed an application to Ryerson, via the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) by March 1, 2011.
B) Currently enrolled (full-time) in the final year of an out-of-country secondary school (or equivalent) and entering Canada with Study Permit authorization. Applicants must achieve first-class standing in the country-specific equivalent of the Ontario Grade 12U program.
- 7 International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarships, valued at $5,000 each, will be awarded across all programs on a grades-competitive basis starting at 85% or equivalent (final admission average).
- International students who have attended a post-secondary institution (university or college) are not eligible for International Student Merit Scholarships.
- International students must have a valid Canadian Study Permit by the time they register in courses at Ryerson and must maintain their International Student (Study Permit) status for the entirety of their first year of studies (fall and winter semesters) in order to receive and retain their scholarship.
A scholarship application is required. International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarships will be awarded to the overall best-qualified applicants. Decisions of the selection committee are final.
Please review the Terms and Conditions for All Entrance Scholarships available at www.ryerson.ca/currentstudents/awards.
Completed application forms should be mailed or faxed to:
International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarship Committee
Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON Canada
Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2011
Download application form.
- Ryerson Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spacecraft Dynamics and Control, Ryerson University, Canada
- PhD Scholarships in Ultrafast Lasers and Photonics, Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada
- York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada
- The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) Grants, USA & Canada
- Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants (CAREG)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships, Atmosphere Ocean Modelling Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship, USA - Canada
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.