Announcing the creation of 10 scholarships valued at £11,940 each
The University of Exeter and INTO University of Exeter invite applications for the University of Exeter Foundation Scholarships. The scholarships have been created to assist international fee-paying students who need to complete a Foundation Programme before enrolling on a University of Exeter undergraduate degree programme.
The scholarships are available to all international students applying for the following INTO University of Exeter Foundation pathways:
Foundation pathway in Science
Leading to an undergraduate degree in College of Life and Environmental Sciences
Foundation pathway in Humanities, Law and Social Sciences
Leading to an undergraduate degree in the College of Social Sciences and International Studies or the College of Humanities
The Foundation programme commences in September 2011 and January 2012. Successful completion of the appropriate Foundation pathway (subject to meeting specified grades for entry) guarantees students progression onto a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes at the University of Exeter.
For full details of the degree programmes offered by the University of Exeter, please visit http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/index.shtml
For full details about the INTO University of Exeter programmes, please visit http://www.intohigher.com/universities/united-kingdom/university-ofexeter.aspx
Foundation Programme Details
Course length: September: 9 months, January: 8 months
Start date: Mon 26th September 2011 & Monday 9th January 2012
Tuition: fee £11,940
Contact hours: Up to 22 hours per week
Class size: Average of 16 students
Outcome: Successful completion leads to the award of the University of Exeter International Foundation Certificate and direct entry to Year 1 of a wide range of degree programmes at the University of Exeter in September 2011.
Award title: University of Exeter Foundation Scholarship
Number of awards: 10 awards
Science pathway = up to 5
Humanities, Law and Social Sciences = up to 6
Computer Science, Engineering and Maths = up to 4
(Total number of awards not exceeding 10)
Who is eligible?
- All international fee-paying students.
- Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with the appropriate grades.
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in all subskills).
- The scholarships are not available to students who intend to progress onto undergraduate degrees in subjects other than those in the College of Social Sciences and International Studies, the College of Humanities, the College of Engineering, Maths and Physical Sciences or the College of Life and Environmental Sciences.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship valued at £5,970 which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation programme tuition fees, provided students apply to continue their undergraduate study at the University of Exeter.
Value of award: £11,940 +*
(The remaining 50% of the award will be deducted from tuition fees for year 1 of an Undergraduate Degree Programme at the University of Exeter subject to student achieving required progression grades and enrolling on an undergraduate degree programme).
Complete an INTO University of Exeter Academic application form for your chosen Foundation pathway. The completed form should be returned to INTO Admissions along with copies of your academic transcripts and evidence of current English language level.
Complete a University of Exeter Foundation Scholarship application form including a personal statement explaining why you want to study at the University of Exeter and how the Foundation programme will help you in the future. The statement must be hand-written in English and be no more than 200 words.
+ Successful scholarship applicants will not be entitled to a tuition fee discount for timely payment.
* Successful scholarship applicants who have paid their full tuition fees before XX will receive a scholarship of 50% of the Foundation tuition fees received. The same amount will be discounted from the first year of their undergraduate degree course at Exeter University.
All scholarship applications must be submitted to email@example.com
September 2011 intake
For the September intake:
The deadline is Friday 1st July 2011. All scholarship applications received by this date will be considered and successful candidates will be notified by Monday 11th July 2011. All other scholarships applications will be retained for further consideration.
If there are any unallocated scholarships after the 11th July then these will be available for students who intend to start their Foundation programme in January 2012.
January 2012 intake
The deadline for applications is Friday 18th November 2011. All scholarships applications received by this date will be considered and successful candidates will be notified by Friday 25th November 2011.
For more information, please visit official website: dec-edu.com.
- International Undergraduate Distinction Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- Queen Sofia Junior Research Fellowship, Exeter College, University of Oxford, UK
- LLM Excellence Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- The Exeter World Class Business Student Scholarship, University of Exeter, UK
- MSc Conservation and Biodiversity Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- International Commercial Law Excellence Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- Master Scholarship in Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, UK
- Master Scholarships in Biosciences, University of Exeter, UK
- Business School International Undergraduate Management Distinction Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Sport Scholarships, University of Exeter, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.