Founded in 2002, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is one of Canada’s youngest universities and defined by its dynamic leading-edge learning environment, diverse and innovative programs, globally-experienced faculty, inter-disciplinary research activities and extensive student life opportunities. UOIT is a leader among North American universities in implementing and using course and industry specific software for laptop learning. This means you will graduate with the high-tech skills that are in demand in the new economy.
Over the years, hundreds of students from nearly 70 countries have been drawn to UOIT. As a student, you will become a member of the university’s vibrant community of professors, staff and students which will encourage you both in your studies and extracurricular activities. If you are ready to push your boundaries of thinking and learning to unimaginable heights and interested in tackling groundbreaking research work that has the potential to greatly impact society, then you are ready for UOIT.
A university education is one of the most important investments you will ever make. At UOIT, we endeavour to help with scholarships and employment opportunities to assist with your educational costs, however, scholarships are limited. You should be financially prepared for your entire course of studies at UOIT. Be sure to research scholarship opportunities and financial aid options in your home country for study abroad.
Global Leadership Award
International secondary school students entering an undergraduate program at UOIT on a study permit and who are currently studying outside of Canada are eligible for UOIT’s Global Leadership Award (GLA). This scholarship is one of UOIT’s most prestigious entrance awards. Valued at more than $11,000 and renewable annually, it recognizes international secondary school applicants with strong academic and leadership abilities. Applications for the GLA are due by February 25, 2011. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for the GLA.
Awards of Recognition
Applicants entering UOIT from a Canadian secondary school will be automatically considered for an Award of Recognition. Awards are renewable annually (for up to four years) and based on your top six grade 12 U or M, or equivalent, final grades, and are awarded as follows:
- 95 per cent to 100 per cent= $3,000;
- 90 per cent to 94.9 per cent= $2,000;
- 85 per cent to 89.9 per cent= $1,500; and
- 80 per cent to 84.9 per cent= $1,250.
Visit official website.
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Ryerson University, Canada
- FMI Ontario Chapter Scholarship, Financial Management Institute of Canada
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- rare Scholarship in Graduate Research, Canada
- Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation (CEMF) Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships for Women, Canada
- York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Solar Cell Modelling, McMaster University, Canada
- International Student Scholarship, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Student Exchange Program, Japan
- Full Scholarships for Graduate Study, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE