With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the Institute of Regional and Global Studies/ Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies under the auspice of UNESCO & University of Warsaw, are placing at the disposal of UNESCO two (2) fellowships of a six months duration in the year 2010 for the benefit of Member States listed in Annex I of the announcement letter. Beneficiaries of these fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Political Science.
Details regarding the fellowships offered and the criteria of selection are listed below. The Polish authorities will make the final decision.
(i) Hold the M.A. degree;
(ii) Be proficient in reading and writing English;
(iii) Be not more than 45 years of age; and,
(iv) Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
FACILITIES OFFERED BY THE POLISH AUTHORITIES
(i) Free tuition;
(ii) Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN zlotys (approximatively US$ 450) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses in Poland are to be borne by the fellows with this allowance; and;
(iii) An installation allowance of 1350 PLN zlotys to be paid upon arrival.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FILES
One candidature per invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and reach Mr. Ali Zaid, Chief, Participation Programme and Fellowships Section, by 15 June 2010 at the latest. An advance copy of the application may be sent by fax (33.1) 45.68.55.03 or Email: a.zaid[at]unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
(i) UNESCO fellowships application forms, duly completed in English;
(ii) Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
(iii) Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree obtained; and,
(iv) The UNESCO certificates of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
Deadline: 15 June 2010
Visit official website.
- UNESCO / Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme (Science and Technology - 2010)
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Political Science, Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- Beasiswa Pascasarjana UNESCO di China
- UNESCO / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships 2011, Japan
- Double Degree Master, Urban Water Engineering and Management, Thailand & Netherlands
- Master Fellowships for Journalists at Paramadina University by INDIKA ENERGY and MEDCO FOUNDATION, Indonesia
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarship in Ecohydrology, Europe
- PhD Studentships in Political Science, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
- UNESCO-L’OREAL International Fellowships Programme for Young Women in Life Sciences
- MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.