Master Media Culture at the Faculty of Arts and Social Siences of Maastricht University
Maastricht University is a medium-sized university of superior quality and is unique in its international ambitions. Half of its 16,000 students are non-Dutch and come from dozens of countries and all seven continents. This is also true of its research and academic staff. The UM trademark has long been its Problem Based Learning system, characterised by its small-scale nature and independent work groups. These characteristics, paired with the fact that almost all programmes are taught in English, makes UM an attractive university, in an attractive old city of Roman origin, in an area where three countries and languages converge.
Dr. Ursula Glunk, former Senior Lecturer, Senior Program Manager, Leadership Developer, Certified Coach at the school of Business and Economics of Maastricht University made a significant contribution to the University fund Limburg in the form of a Scholarship. This was her farewell gift.
She’s is now working for Zeppelin University (Germany) as a Program Director / Manager Leadership Excellence Insitute Zeppelin (LEIZ).
Who is eligible?
Dr. Ursula Glunk offers a scholarship to a talented master’s student, who has been admitted to the master Media Culture at the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University starting in September 2014.
The interdisciplinary and comparative framework of the master’s programme in Media Culture combines theoretical reflection on these developments with practical research and media skills. It will provide you with the academic training to investigate ongoing transformations in media culture and the skills to participate in these innovations. This one-year programme is offered in English.
Applicants should hold a passport from an emerging country in South America, Africa and Asia. Applicants have to meet the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (’MVV’ – residence permit).
The scholarship of €13.000,- is meant to be a contribution in the tuition and a contribution in the living expenses for the duration of the master’s program Media Culture at the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Maastricht University with a maximum of 12 months. The period of the scholarship starts and ends at the dates mentioned in the award letter.
Ursula Glunk scholarship
- Allowance per month with a maximum of 12 months € 650 arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office
- Health and liability insurance € 500 Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office
- Visa costs € 300 Paid by the Scholarship Office
- Tuition fee € 4.000 The remaining tuition fee must be paid by the scholarship recipient
Application and selection
Please download the application form of the Ursula Glunk scholarship of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. To be included in this scholarship procedure, you first need to be admitted to the master’s programme, which means that you have to submit a complete master’s and scholarship application by the scholarship deadline 1 February at the latest.
Please include your scholarship application in your master’s application and upload this document in the category ‘Apply for Scholarship’ in My UM. We will not be able to take your application into consideration if we receive it via regular mail or e-mail.
The Faculty will review and rank the application requests. The Maastricht University Scholarship Committee together with The University Fund Limburg/SWOL will make the final decision. Applicants will be informed about the selection outcome in April.
For the scholarship assessment, the Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study program, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study program, future career plans and the references.
Please check the terms and conditions of the University Fund Limburg scholarships before applying.
- University College Maastricht (UCM) Scholarships, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships, Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Océ Scholarship for Master Students, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Mass Communication and Information Science, Netherlands
- SABIC Scholarships for Master Students, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- PhD in Social Sciene for Indonesian Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Service, Tourism & Leisure, Netherlands
- School of Business and Economics (SBE) non-EU Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.