Three Vocal Music Scholarships are available for students studying the new MMus in Vocal Music at the University of Aberdeen, beginning in the academic year 2013-14.
The MMus in Vocal Music is an innovative Masters Degree programme specialising in vocal and choral music, led by the distinguished Royal Wedding composer Professor Paul Mealor intended for composers, musicologists, performers and other interested parties in choral music.
The scholarships available are:
- The Paul Mealor Scholarship for Composition
The scholarship is valued at £3,750 and will cover the full fees incurred by the student if UK/EU or contribute to the fees of non-UK/EU students. Any surplus will be awarded to the student to contribute towards maintenance costs.
- The Carlaw-Ogston Scholarship in Vocal Music
The scholarship will cover the full fees incurred by the student if UK/EU or contribute to the fees of non-UK/EU students.
- One further scholarship is available which will cover the full fees incurred by the student if UK/EU or contribute to the fees of non-UK/EU students.
Applications are welcome from students intending to study the MMus in Vocal Music. The Paul Mealor Scholarship for Composition is intended for composers of vocal/choral music. For the other two scholarships, there are no restrictions on areas of specialisation.
Students studying either the one year full-time or the two year part-time degree are eligible to apply. Applicants of any fee status are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
Selection will be made by application and, if necessary, by audition. Applications and auditions will be overseen and judged by the Head of Music and a small panel of staff from the Music Department. Applicants will be judged according to the quality of work submitted.
To apply, please submit a CV, one example of your recent work (this should be a composition, a piece of written work or a recording of a performance on CD or DVD) and a covering letter detailing your interest in the MMus Vocal Music degree programme, to:
Miss Rhona Mitchell
(Vocal Music Scholarships)
Department of Music
University of Aberdeen
Deadline: 1st of July 2013
Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Paul Mealor, Chair in Composition (Department of Music), email email@example.com tel: 01224 274603
For details of the MMus Vocal Music programme please visit - http://www.abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/taught/vocal/
- Sennheiser Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Mojave Audio Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation Vocal Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- W Crane Guy Memorial Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Music Scholarship Auditions, Transylvania University, USA
- Patricia Pratt Scholarship in Musical Performance, Massey University, New Zealand
- Music Scholarship Award, University of Reading, UK
- Chevron MSc Subsea Engineering Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Jim Duncan Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.