The Weinstein International Fellowship program, inaugurated in 2008, provides opportunities for individuals from outside the United States to visit the U.S. to learn more about dispute resolution processes and practices and to pursue a project of their own design that serves to advance the resolution of disputes in their home countries.
The JAMS Foundation Board of Directors will approve Fellowships of up to $25,000 in support of projects outlined by Fellowship applicants. This program is intended to be flexible and open to innovation, and applicants are encouraged to develop proposals that will increase the availability of dispute resolution education, training and services in their home countries and beyond.
During their time in the U.S., Fellows may be based in a JAMS Resolution Center or may participate in a university program or be connected to another organization or institution, depending on the nature of their proposal. Fellowships may be from one month to one year in duration.
It is anticipated that Fellows will come from countries that do not have an established culture of using mediation for cases in litigation. Part of the Fellows’ time in the United States will be spent observing how JAMS administers and resolves such cases.
- Applicants must be fluent in English
- Fellowship period must be one month to twelve months in duration
- Preference for proposals that would help applicant’s home country establish viable dispute resolution systems or change how disputes are resolved
- Preference for applicants who have experience as lawyers, law professors, court administrators, government officers, ADR practitioners, or judges
- Albert Einstein Fellowships for Outstanding Young Thinkers, Germany
- PhD Fellowships, Werner Siemens Foundation, Switzerland
- Master Degree Scholarships from KT&G Foundation, Yonsei University, Korea
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- Doctoral Fellowship Program in Law and Social Science by American Bar Foundation, USA
- Master / Doctoral Fellowships, Hydro Research Foundation, USA
- Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for Woman Journalist, USA
- Immigration Journalism Fellowship for International Journalists, French-American Foundation
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.jamsadr.com.
How can I apply? Do they have a number to call to?
Can 11 grade students of Senior High School apply for this??
What the apllicant must a lawyer or government people?
i am student aquaculture at undergraduate Bogor Agriculture University - Indonesia.
(IPB : Institut Pertanian Bogor in indonesian language)
i live in kenya and i am undertaking accounts. our country needs this service. after every election, disputes arise btn the ethnic tribal groups. some ministers alleged to be responsible for the last election are undergoing trial at heague. im elligible to register
I’m from the Northern part of Ghana and this kind of Region is full of disputes and fights that arose between two ethnic groups since the late 90′s and uptill now, there’s no solution offered to this problem. I’m interested in this scholarship but i have completed a three year advance course in Electrical Engineering after my high school programme. I have much interest in robotic engineering and in addition to the electrical engineering ideas, i have built my first homemade robot which i would like to share with NASA one day. Please help me out with this scholarship. Thank You.
any beasiswa to 12 years old ? i want
i’m comefrom indonesia
I really wanna join it but I confused with criteria
Can somebody help me ?
When will be the last date to submit the cv? Should be involved in goverment organiation? What if I am a student? Can I apply to?
What the apllicant must a lawyer or government people??
I have experience in export-import trading for 5 years
Is that for college student?
I’m a Senior High School student and I really wanna apply it.
Hello, can I join this program if I’m still finishing my last term (6months) in college? I study journalism. And what’s the criteria for joining this program? Thanks.
hi, i want to ask you whether there is a benchmark for the ages..?thank you.
it seems like a student can’t join it,right??