The Medical Sciences Division is pleased to announce that 5 PhD Fellowships are available for the following 4-Year Wellcome Trust Doctoral Programme: Neuroscience
The 4-year programme will comprise a combined first year and a 3-year individual research project. The first year will include taught modules and laboratory rotations designed to equip students with the knowledge to make an informed choice of doctoral project.
- Up to five students per programme will be accepted each year
- The deadline for application to the 4-year DPhil programmes is 7 January 2011
- Interviews are expected to take place in the last week of January
- Applications will be considered by a short-listing panel and applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after the deadline for applications
- If a Programme Director feels that an applicant would be better suited to another programme, the applicant will be contacted and asked whether they would like to be considered for entry to the other programme
- Please note there is a separate application fee of £50 for each application made - candidates are advised to apply to no more than two programmes
- Supplementary information on the admissions process may be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Home/EU & Overseas candidates are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have, or expect to receive, at least an Upper 2nd Class degree or an international equivalent in a relevant subject. If you are international student, to work out the equivalency of your degree to the UK system you can contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC) for further information.
- Please refer to individual programme details for guidance on any prerequisite knowledge.
How to apply
- Applications for the Infection, Immunology and Translational Medicine Programme must be received by 7 January 2011. Please click here to visit the University of Oxford Graduate application pages, including the online application form.
- Candidates are encouraged to use the online application process. If candidates are unable to submit an online application they should contact us well before the deadline, by email to email@example.com.
- If submitting a paper application, please ensure that you use the following address:
Wellcome Trust 4-Year Doctoral Programmes (Medical Sciences), The Graduate Admissions Office, PO Box 738, University of Oxford, Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 9FB, United Kingdom.
- International Engagement Awards, Wellcome Trust, UK
- PhD in Genomic Medicine and Statistics, University of Oxford, UK
- Laces Trust Scholarship in Philosophy / Ethics, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Master Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Wellcome Trust, UK
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK
- 100 Scholarships from University of Oxford, UK
- Robin & Nadine Wells Scholarship, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- St Cross Scholarship in Global Health Science, University of Oxford, UK
- Master in Humanities / Medical Humanities Bursaries, University of Leicester, UK
- MPhil Scholarship in Humanities and Social Sciences, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK