Each award has a value of £26,000 per annum which will cover tuition fees and contribute towards research and training costs.
Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
The scholarships are available for doctoral research only. Applicants should have an outstanding academic record, usually with a first class honours degree at undergraduate level and a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a cognate field of study to their proposed doctoral research.
Eligible applicants should complete an online application form.
Completed application forms must be received by Scholarships and Student Funding Services no later 3 February 2014.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication
A Selection Committee will meet in March to select the award holders. The winners of the award will be announced in late April 2014.
Conditions of award
Successful candidates will be asked to submit a report at the end of each academic year to the Wolfson Foundation, together with an annual expenditure statement showing how the funds were allocated, including details of research and training costs.
A detailed final report must be submitted at the end of the study period, which should include a summary of the results of the research, an assessment from the student’s supervisor, and a final expenditure statement showing how the funds were allocated across the full period of the award.
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in Humanities, University of Oxford, UK
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities, University of Sheffield, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Ailie Donald Bursary, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Bucher-Fraser Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Jean Kennoway Howells Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Engineering International Master Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- George Scott Travelling Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.