If you are a woman commencing engineering studies in 2013 in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, this scholarship can provide you financial assistance within your first year of study.
Value and duration
The scholarship pays $5000 for one year (first year).
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this Scholarship you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, international student or humanitarian visa holder
- have achieved an ATAR score (or Year 12 equivalent) of 95 or above in 2011–2012
- be commencing full-time studies in a Bachelor of Engineering degree in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at RMIT in Semester 1 2013
- have demonstrated leadership experience in a societal or cultural setting
- be available for an interview if shortlisted.
How to apply
Apply by completing the application form and submit to: Louise Walker
In person: School of Aerospace, Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Building 57, Level 3 (Reception) City Campus, Corner Lygon and Queensberry Streets, Carlton.
For the 2013 academic year, applications open Monday 3 September 2012.
For the 2013 academic year, applications close 5pm Friday 22 February 2013.
Terms and conditions
As holder of this scholarship you must maintain at least satisfactory academic performance.
The scholarship will be paid in two instalments: $2500 in April/May and $2500 in September.
The scholarships seek to recognise and reward talented female students who can demonstrate outstanding levels of academic achievement.
Contact Louise Walker, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Foundation Studies Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows, RMIT University, Australia
- ARC - Real-time Soft Tissue Characterization and Modelling Research Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- Boeing Achievement Awards (TAFE), RMIT University, Australia
- International PhD Scholarship in Computer Science, RMIT University, Australia
- Boeing Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia
- Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Research Scholarship, Chemical Sensors / Materials Sciences, RMIT University, Australia
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.