The Women’s Service Guild of Western Australia was established as a voluntary organisation for the purpose of promoting the interests of women in WA. The Guild, after almost one hundred years of service, is no longer in operation but has endowed top-up scholarships to support research that will specifically benefit women and children.
Applications are invited from doctoral candidates whose area of postgraduate research training supports the interest of women and children. Research candidates from any field of study, with a research project of benefit to women and children in WA, are encouraged to apply.
Amount: $8,000 (tax free) per annum
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Academic merit , first class honours degree or equivalent. Applicants currently completing Honours will also be eligible to apply
- Research experience
- Only applicants who are also successful in gaining an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) for 2011 will be eligible
- Current PhD students are ineligible to apply
Level of study:
- Higher degree research
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident visa
- The award is for a maximum of three years. An extension of up to six months may be granted.
- Women’s Services Guild application form should be submitted along with an application for the Australian Postgraduate Award. An extra copy of the APA application must be attached to the application.
- One top-up scholarship is awarded in Western Australia annually.
Application opening date: 1 September 2010
Application closing date: 29 October 2010
Visit official website.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Sue Knox Memorial Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Mrs Mac’s Rural Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.