WFI International Fellowship Program - Open to U.S. and Foreign Citizens.
Term: 6-12 months - Applications accepted year-round.
For over a decade, the World Forest Institute (WFI) has offered a unique International Fellowship Program to professionals in natural resources–such as foresters, environmental educators, land managers, NGO practioners and researchers–to conduct a practical research project at the World Forestry Center in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.. In addition to their specific research projects, Fellows participate in weekly field trips, interviews and site visits to Northwest forestry organizations, state, local and national parks, universities, public and private timberlands, trade associations, mills, and corporations. The Fellowship is a unique opportunity to learn about sustainable forestry from the Pacific Northwest forestry sector, and to work with colleagues from around the world.
WFI Fellows benefit from:
- Networking with a broad array of forestry stakeholders—from mills to public agencies to the non-profit sector—in the Pacific Northwest
- Gaining a global perspective on the many challenges facing us in forestry
- Understanding how globalization, climate change and forest ownership trends are changing the forestry sector
- International Fellowship Program in Forestry and Natural Resources, USA
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Programme, Forest and Nature for Society (FONASO), Europe
- World Press Institute Fellowships for Journalists, USA
- Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy Fellowship for International Students
- International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) Fellowship Programme, Japan
- Research Fellowships, International Institute of Social History (IISH), Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Ford Motor Company International Fellowships 2012, USA
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Master of Science in Geoinformatics Scholarships, Institute for Geoinformatics, University of Münster, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.