CENTER FOR RELIGIOUS AND CROSS CULTURAL STUDIES
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF GADJAH MADA UNIVERSITY
INDONESIAN APLICANTS: JANUARY - JUNE 2012
INTERNATIONAL APLICANTS: JANUARY - MARCH 30, 2012
- Prospective students must have completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited undergraduate program at Indonesian or international universities.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.00, a minimum of an international or an institutional TOEFL score of 475, TPA score of 500 and pass the selection interview.
- Indonesian applicants should register online at http://daa.ugm.ac.id/daftar/. To get the password for online registration, applicants need to pay the application fee of Rp. 500.000 (TOEFL and TPA test included) at BNI. Payment does not need an account number but only the code which is 2222 followed by your birthday date. Example, if you are born on 01 February 1980, the code is 222201021980. If your payment is successful, the password will appear in the BNI proof of payment. For detailed information, please click http://um.ugm.ac.id/.
- For those not living in Indonesia, application forms can be downloaded here. CRCS helps foreign applicants process the study permit and visa (VITAS) through the Office of International Affairs of UGM (detailed information, please click here)
- Applicants must complete the application form and return them to CRCS office and the DAA (Directorate of Academic and administration) Kantor Pusat UGM Lt. 1 Sayap Selatan Bulaksumur Yogyakarta 55281. Applicants should enclose two copies of the application form, in addition to the following:
- Copy of the applicant’s undergraduate degree certificate and academic transcript.
- Two recommendation letters from someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities, such as a former academic advisor or professor.
- Statement of purpose describing why the applicant wants to join this graduate school and how this degree would fit into the applicant’s future goals.
- Resume or CV.
- A letter from applicant’s institution/supervisor stating that he/she is released from his duties during the study at CRCS (for those with work commitments).
- Letter of physical health from a doctor.
- Copy of the application fee payment.
- Copy of the applicant’s TOEFL (ITP) score of 475 and TPA score of 500.
- BPPS applicants must complete form A, B, C, D, E and F.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
C. Application Selection
Around 20 students are accepted each year. Acceptance into the program is determined based on academic achievement, English expertise, fulfillment of application requirements, availability and a match between the goals of the applicant and those of the program.
D. Application Deadlines
Applications are accepted starting on December until June each year. Indonesian applicants seeking Indonesian government scholarship (BPPS) must apply by March (see http://um.ugm.ac.id). Foreign students must apply by March 30th.
For Indonesian students, cost of tuition is Rp 28.000.000,00- for the whole duration of the study (four semesters) which can be paid in four installments of Rp. 7.000.000/semester, and US$ 6.160 or US$ 1.540/semester for international students.
Limited numbers of scholarship are available by application through:
- BPPS Program
- Beasiswa Unggulan
- Beasiswa Diktis (for eligible Indonesia students)
- Graduate School (for graduates of UGM)
- KNB Scholarship
G. CRCS Scholarship
- Registered as a CRCS student.
- Submission of application to get CRCS scholarship.
- Have not Received a scholarship from any other institution.
- Minimum Toefl (ITP) score of 475.
- Two recommendation letters from someone who attest to the applicant’s academic abilities, such as a former academic advisor or professor.
- Passed interview to get scholarship.
- Classrooms with audio visual capabilities.
- Specialized library and free internet access.
- International and national workshops.
- Research seminars and conferences.
- International exchange program for selected students.
I. Exchange Student
CRCS administers student exchange with several foreign universities. Since the last years, the Center runs student exchange program with Temple University, Florida International University, and University of California-Santa Barbara. Each year the Center sends three Indonesian students to the universities above where students join one semester courses there.
The Center also hosts students from the three universities to spend a semester courses at CRCS. This program selects qualified CRCS’s students from different religious, gender and ethnic background to gain international experience. This program has been helpful in broadening the perspective of students and helps them in bringing local perspective into the global level.
To apply for the program, students must have sufficient English competency (shown in the minimum TOEFL score of 550), shows good academic performance, and has an excellent thesis research.
For further information please contact:
Linah Khairiyah Pary
phone: +62 274 544 976
For more information, please visit official website: crcs.ugm.ac.id.
- Beasiswa Supersemar - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa BUMN Peduli - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa BNI - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa Student Exchange, Universitas Gadjah Mada & Kokushikan University, Jepang
- Japanase Language and Culture Studies Program, University of Hokkaido
- Beasiswa Bakti BCA - Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Kizuna Project, Study Visit to Japan
- Graduate Scholarship in Archaeology, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- Seoul National University (SNU) Exchange Program - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Beasiswa PT. Synergy Engineering - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.