These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
Who can apply?
Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Russia (North Caucasus), Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, United Republic of, Timor-Leste, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Students can be a self-funded undergraduate or postgraduate but must be studying full-time. They must also be registered on a full degree programme, a Master’s or Post doctoral research programme. Students must be studying full-time based at the University of Bradford.
How much could I get?
Full tuition fees will be covered plus £2000 per annum living costs to be paid in October. Scholarship is for the duration of the course.
How do I apply?
You can open a copy of the application form below, fill it in online, save it and send it in to us - email: email@example.com. Or you can print it off and fill it in by hand, and send it to Scholarships, The Hub - whichever suits you best.
Tips for a successful application from the Scholarship panel
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please do not send a CV but include any evidence you have to support your personal statement. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
- The Scholarship is for a substantial amount of funding so we expect to see students giving time and consideration to their application and providing us with detailed information about their situation.
All parts of the form must be completed - if you don’t then your application will not be considered.
Please remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to enable them to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. You may want to highlight how the situation in your country has specifically affected you and your family and why you wish to take up a course here in Bradford.
All completed forms must be received by Monday 20th June 2011 - applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
What happens next?
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in July. You will be informed of the decision mid-July.
What else do I need to know?
Successful students must agree to be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
For further information or any queries you can:
Call: 01274 236637
Or call into The Hub Student Support centre in the Richmond Building
For more information, please visit official website: www.bradford.ac.uk.
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- Academic Excellence Master Scholarships, University of Bradford, UK
- Academic Excellence International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Bradford, UK
- Foreign Press Association Scholarship Fund, USA
- Research Fellowship, College of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Aberdeen, UK
- The Jefferson Fellowships for Journalists, USA
- Disaster Management and Resiliency in the Asia Pacific Journalism Fellowship, USA - Japan
- International Scholarship 2010-2011 to Study Bahasa Indonesia
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- Dubai Bank Scholarships in Business and Finance, London School of Business & Finance, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.