The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK) grants scholarships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.(Clinical sciences are beyond the scope of scholarship program.)
Who Can Apply
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
Documents Required For Application
- Application form (This form is filled electronically on the online application portal)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (If any)
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (If any)
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Certificates of achievement (if any TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, TÖMER..etc)
All of the documents must be English or Turkish. Officially translated copy of the documents can be used in the application.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the scholarship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their scholarships.
Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed.
The deadline of 2014/1 Application Period is 28 February 2014.
For more information, please visit official website: www.tubitak.gov.tr.
- Undergraduate, Graduate & Research Scholarships in Turkey
- PhD Studentships in Spintronics, Nanomagnetism and Magnetic Resonance, Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany
- Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens, Turkey
- Undergraduate, Master & PhD Scholarships from Turkish Government, Turkey
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarship in Evolutionary Biology, Europe USA
- Master Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus Minerals and Environmental Programme (EMMEP)
- Kent International Pathways Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- Molecular Mechanisms of Disease (MMD) Scholarships, Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Istanbul Sehir University, Turkey
- Erasmus Mundus Master in Journalism, Media and Globalisation Scholarships, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.