The Information Systems Scholarship Program has been developed to encourage and reward students interested in computing science, applied information technology or related computing fields who have demonstrated academic potential and a strong understanding of their chosen course of study.
- Student type: Future Students
- Faculty: Curtin Business School
- Course type: Undergraduate
- Gender: Both
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship base: Merit Based
- Maximum number awarded: 5
The scholarship consists of a total fixed value of $5,000 to assist with costs associated with studying and will be awarded to students over the period of 3 years as follows: (based on full time study load of 100 credit points each semester)
- $1,000 per semester in year 1
- $750 per semester in year 2
- $750 per semester in year 3
Payments occur post census date each semester. Payments will be made approximately mid-end April and September each year.
- Business Information Technology (single major)
- Business Information Technology & Systems (double major)
- Business Information Systems (single major)
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for an Information Systems Scholarship:
- Be an international student and hold a valid Student Visa – Higher Education (Subclass 573)
- Have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate business degree and major at Curtin University in 2014
- Be commencing the first semester of their first undergraduate degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2014
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course and major of study
- Maintain a full time study load of at least 100 credit points each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 70 each semester
- Pass all enrolled units each semester
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as outlined above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office in consultation with the School of Information Systems.
Changes to enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval BEFORE the change.
Change from full time enrolment: The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect your scholarship.
Change of course: Change of course or major is not permitted.
Leave of absence: Leave of absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A student who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to the University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Bentley campus.
Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
For a list of all documentation required for an application, please see the ‘supporting documentation and application checklist’ at the back of the application form.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of chosen course of study
- Responses to questions in application
- Academic Merit
- Confirmation of enrolment into an eligible course and major in 2014
The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in mid-January
In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the first semester of study.
This scholarship is not transferable to another major, course, faculty, campus or university.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
Perth WA 6845
Applications open: 04/08/2013
Applications close: 22/11/2013
Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Need more information?
Telephone: (08) 9266 2992
Fax: (08) 9266 3279
Frequently Asked questions:
For more information about what scholarships you can apply for please visit our application profiles.
For advice on how to complete your application visit our application guidelines page
Students may apply for as many scholarships as they are eligible to apply for however, will only be awarded up to one Curtin funded continuing scholarship. A continuing scholarship is defined as a scholarship that has more than one payment. A Curtin funded scholarship is a scholarship that is solely funded by Curtin and is a non industry funded scholarship.
For further information about holding more than one scholarship contact email@example.com
For more information, please visit official website: scholarships.curtin.edu.au.
- Pathway Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Health Science - English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - UI & UGM English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- The Hydrogen Storage Research Group (HSRG) Honours Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Heritage Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- PhD Fellowships in Satellite Positioning, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- CBS International Innovation Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Focal Petroleum Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.