The Graduate School at King’s College London is offering up to 6 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London commencing in the 2014/15 academic year.
Information about the application
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
- Academic merit / degree qualifications;
- Professional qualifications achieved;
- Strength of statement of justification;
- Applicant’s future plans, and what they plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree;
- Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self funds. Note that preference may be given to applicants who have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme;
- Preference may be given to students who have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme.
The Graduate School selection panel will be asked to provide details of the selected candidate, plus a list of reserves candidates by mid May 2014.
Candidates who are deemed ineligible by the PGSS office for any of the Graduate School PGT funding schemes, as covered by the online PGT funding form, will be informed about their ineligibility within 3 weeks from the Graduate School application deadline.
Eligible applicants who have been considered for the King’s Alumni Scholarship award will be informed about the outcome of their application towards mid/end of May 2014.
Candidates who are selected for the awards will be asked to provide a decision on acceptance/decline by a given deadline. If the a successful candidate fails to respond by the given deadline or declines the offer, their award will automatically be transferred to a reserve candidate who is next in-line for the award.
No further allocation or reallocation of awards should occur beyond the end of July 2014.
- Open to residents of the following countries. All Nationalities (except UK & EU)
- Applicants MUST:
- Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme at King’s College London in the 2014/15 academic year;
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
- Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see below);
- Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
Please note that:
- Students who are already registered on the respective postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply;
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
- For programmes longer than 12 months, the scholarship will be paid on a pro-rata basis;
- As the awards provide partial funding only, applicants must be able to confirm that they have the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
- Applicable subjects: All Subjects
Applications may be submitted from 21-Jan-2014 until 31-Mar-2014
Value of award: £10,000
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST, by the application deadline of 17:00 GMT, 31st March 2014:
1) Have submitted a complete online admissions application for their chosen Masters programme at King’s(https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/), as standard.
Admissions applications must be ‘complete’ in order for an application to be considered for funding, and for an admissions application to be deemed ‘complete’ it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted to the College by the funding deadline of 31st March 2014, 17:00GMT.*
2) Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed once an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
*Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2014/15, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Since the application covers a range of Graduate School PGT funding schemes, applicants will be asked to select the scheme(s) that they want to be considered for. Applicants may choose multiple schemes if they feel they are eligible for those schemes. Note that applicants must check their eligibility carefully before applying. Verification of eligibility will be conducted by the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support team once the application deadline has passed.
Applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding form ONCE. Please refrain from submitting multiple PGT online funding applications to the Graduate School.
As part of the Graduate School PGT online funding form, applicants will be asked to provide:
- Personal details i.e. name, admissions ID/reference number, date of birth and email addressPrevious qualifications
- Details about the postgraduate taught (PGT) programme
- A statement of justification
- Confirmation that they are seeking / have secured funds to cover any remaining fees/costs not covered by the Graduate School awards.
Information, guidelines and application forms for Graduate School Funding (PGT) can be found on the Graduate School Funding Database at the following website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt.aspx
tweet us @kclgradschool #KCLKIMS
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 4146/3389
Funding provider: The Graduate School
- Mathematics Department Research Studentship, King’s College London, UK
- Biomedical Engineering Scholarship, King’s College London, UK
- King’s Summer School Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
- King’s Annual Fund Studentship (KAF), King’s College London, UK
- Liberal Arts Undergraduate Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
- Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowships, King’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Master Scholarships, University of the Arts London International Graduate Scholarships, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- International Students Scholarships, Royal Veterinary College (RVC), University of London, UK
- PhD Studentships in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.