The Master in Business Design is an innovative format of MBA, aiming at creating new and intense relations between the world of business and design.
Born in 2003 at Domus Academy in Milan, Italy, MBD represents a laboratory where designers, managers and entrepreneurs work in synergy on the creation of a new strategic language and operative code for business and market.
Business Design is based on the idea that design is at the core of the business and its main driver. The objective of the Master is to train students on how to bring innovation and creativity, quality and effectiveness into products, services and social organizations.
The MBD master program working activities are aimed to apply creativity to non-design business context, like systems and organizations, social business, leisure and tourism, consumer goods, food.
The project consists on an analysis of the innovative content of a company, a product or a reference brand. Candidates must select a case they consider creative in their home country, define the driver of innovation and explain the context and the features that motivate the choice.
Candidates can refer to the following list of drivers of innovation to select and describe the case they consider of interest :
- New pattern recognition: creation of new aesthetic languages, through a well - identified product identity.
- Sustainable innovation: creative way to carry out social change and environmental innovation.
- Entrepreneurship through the integration of business and design: entrepreneurs – who are designers of new business models.
- Innovation in the value chain: new method of product generation and development, new method of distribution, sales and communication of a product.
- Identification of new cluster of demand or - better - creation of a new demand in an uncontested market space.
- The understanding and the creative application of technologies, materials and IT systems.
- The application of design methodologies to nondesign context.
The competition addresses to young professionals working in the design and fashion sector and to graduates in economic disciplines.
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master in Business Design, Domus Academy.
The project must be presented in a Word format document (3 pages maximum) or in a 10-slides PowerPoint presentation (including pictures). Any further attached material (competitors and economic analysis) will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury. Please also add a (A4 size) page curriculum vitae (in DOC format)
Two scholarships, each of one covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master in Business Design at Domus Academy 22.200 euro (euro 18.500 + VAT 20%)
These conditions are intended for the Academic Year 2011-2012 (September 2011 - August 2012) only.
Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author. The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned. All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used by the candidate in other or previous occasions.
The works must be mailed to Domus Academy by and not later than April 29th, 2011. Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition via e-mail on May 13th, 2011.
Projects in digital format must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Paper works must be sent to:
Domus Academy “Business Innovation Competition”,
Via Watt 37 - 20143 Milan - Italy
To the attention of:
International Admissions Department
Master in Business Design
phone: +39 02 42414025
fax: +39 02 4222525
- Master in Interior and Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Fashion Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Interior & Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design & Marketing of Luxury Goods Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Accessories Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Vehicle Design and Mobility Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Business Design Scholarship, The Coca-Cola Company - Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Car Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Service & Experience Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy