Domus Accademy in collaboration with Patrizia Pepe
The Fashion Brand Communicator Competition
Visualizing Brand DNA
Master in Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising - September 2013
In a competitive world, where visual communication has a key role in the success of a company, Fashion brands are constantly looking for Fashion Stylists and Visual Merchandisers able to translate their values into appealing and entertaining products for the target market.
The new Master Program in Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising aims at investigating and combining the skills and competences of these two strategic profiles, whose respective roles are becoming more and more interchangeable, in order to prepare the new generation of “Visual Fashion Brand Communicators”.
Candidates will have to present a comprehensive project, consistent with the Patrizia Pepe brand, able to illustrate the art of visually communicating both the Brand DNA and its narration. From styling to visual, from display to photography, from
advertisement to video, up to the most innovative communication techniques, candidates have to produce a visual communication project in order to increase sales and to promote the brand. Candidates will act as Fashion Brand Communicators, analyzing the Patrizia Pepe brand or presenting a personal visual communication project.
The competition is open to graduates in Fashion and Design disciplines, Photography, Architecture and Communication, as well as junior professionals working in the fields of Industrial Design, Fashion Journalism, Fashion Styling, Visual Merchandising, and Press Offices, or owners of fashion companies willing to improve their skills.
- Stefano Sati - Patrizia Pepe Corporate Display & Visual Manager
- Ildo Damiano - Fashion Director, GQ Italy - Edition Condé Nast
- Gianfranco Olivotto - Fashion Stylist and Visual Merchandising Course Leader Domus Academy
- The project must be presented in a 10-slides Power-Point presentation (including pictures)
- Curriculum vitae of the participant: maximum 1 A4 page
- Statement of purpose: maximum 5 lines on an A4 page
- Domus Academy application form*
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants.
- One scholarship covering 70% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
- One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
- One scholarship covering 30% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program.
The works must be mailed to Domus Academy by and not later than 3rd May 2013.
Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on 17th May 2013.
Projects in digital format must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Paper works must be sent to:
The Fashion Brand Communicator Competition
Master Program in Fashion Styling and Visual
Via Carlo Darwin, 20
20143 Milan - Italy
Master Program Description
In a competitive market, where visual communication plays a key role in the success of a company, our program aims at providing participants with the tools and competences for the emerging profession of the Visual Fashion Brand Communicator. This strategic figure will be able to create, through photographic shots, the “fashion message” that makes the products appealing, adding value to the designers’ creativity.
The Visual Fashion Brand Communicator will be the aesthetic coordinator of the point of sale, where the brand values will be highlighted by researching the most effective way to reach the target market.
The program is structured in three phases where students will learn to understand what is new and trendy from a fashion perspective. The first phase focuses on management and marketing competences, fashion culture, and its iconographic languages. The second phase, developed in collaboration with leading companies, consists of workshops on key topics like styling, display concepts planning, new web visual strategies, event design, and “celebritying” as a communication tool for promoting the fashion brands. The third phase is dedicated to an individual final master project.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2011/12 and with a knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate minimum).
Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author. The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned. All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
- Master in Fashion Management Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Fashion Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Accessories Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Business Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design & Marketing of Luxury Goods Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Car Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Interior and Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Interior & Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Service & Experience Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Vehicle Design and Mobility Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy