The Masters in Humanities is an exciting and innovative programme that allows the student maximum opportunity to devise their own specialised programme of study in arts and humanities subjects while our Masters in Medical Humanities is an interdisciplinary degree which studies the relationship of the arts to medical practice.
We are delighted to offer six bursaries for students joining us in October 2011:
- 5 x Wellcome Trust Bursaries in Medical Humanities (MA in Medical Humanities)
- 1 x College Bursary (MA in Humanities)
Postgraduate Study in the College of Arts, Humanities, and Law
The College of Arts, Humanities, and Law has a large and vibrant postgraduate community. Across the College we offer a range of taught and research postgraduate programmes, with both campus based and distance learning students. Postgraduates make an important contribution to the College’s academic and research culture and in 2011 the College will be introducing a number of new taught masters degrees and other taught postgraduate programmes. This includes a new Certificate in Medical Humanities which, following the success of the Masters in Medical Humanities, is designed to partially fulfil the CPD needs of General Practitioners.
Applicants must meet the University’s standard entry requirements for these degrees. These bursaries are available to both UK/EU and International (i.e., from outside the EU) applicants. The bursaries are available for full- and part-time campus based study and applicants must be able to commence their studies in October 2011.
Potential applicants wanting to first make an informal enquiry should contact Jo Curtis:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: + 44 (0)116 252 2678
Applying for postgraduate study at the University of Leicester is now easier than ever. You can submit your application online or by post, allowing you to choose the option that suits you best.
Applicants must have been awarded a place on the Masters in Humanities/Medical Humanities programmes starting October 2011 to be considered for these bursaries. Bursary winners will be determined on the overall strength of the application and early application is advised.
About the College of Arts, Humanities, and Law
The College is one of four that together make up the University of Leicester. It is home to seven Schools/Departments and has a large and vibrant postgraduate community.
About the University
The University of Leicester is one of the UK’s leading universities, committed to international excellence through the creation of world changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. It is consistently in the top 20 of all national tables and in 2010 was ranked in the top 2% of world universities by the QS World University Rankings.
Closing Date for Applications: 30 September 2011
For more information, please visit official website: www2.le.ac.uk.
- History of Art and Film Master Scholarships, University of Leicester, UK
- Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- School of Arts and Humanities Global Scholarship, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- 15 PhD Scholarships, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 19 PhD Scholarships, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Arts & Humanities Masters Fee Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
- PhD Scholarship on Textiles Terminologies in Ancient Greece, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Curtin Humanities - BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in Humanities, University of Oxford, UK
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.