Design Magazine Café
Master in Interior & Living Design
Domus Academy in collaboration with Interni is launching a competition for a Design Magazine Café. We invite the candidates to design the concept and the guidelines for a new typology of Café that offers a new reading experience integrated with the services of a café.
The space should celebrate the design magazines in all their forms: printed and digital versions. The Design Magazine Café can be divided into different spaces such as small quiet spots where reading becomes intimate or open spaces for multipurpose uses, design conversations and events. Other than a selling point for magazines, the Design Magazine Café will become a meeting spot for architects, designers, design lovers, companies and distributors.
How is the reading experience changing? How is the action of reading connected to our physical sphere (sitting on an armchair, reading an e-book, lying down, flicking through the pages, drinking coffee)? Which one of these conditions should be proposed in a café? How does creating a reading experience in a shop change our desire of reading somewhere else, and how is it connected to the digital dimension and mobile devices?
- Written description of the project: maximum 3 A4 pages
- Project boards: 2 A3 boards
- Curriculum vitae of the participant: maximum 1 A4 page
- Statement of purpose: maximum 5 lines on an A4 page
- Domus Academy application form*
The candidates are asked to send their materials in one sole file in .PDF format.
Any further attached material will be considered a plus and will be evaluated by the jury.
* Application fee of is waived for competition participants.
The competition is open to young graduates coming from architecture, interior design, and engineering faculties or professionals who wish to broaden or improve their skills and acquire cultural and technical tools, and are interested in following an advanced program focusing on int erior design.
- One scholarship covering 70% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
- One scholarship covering 50% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
- One scholarship covering 30% of the total tuition fee of the Master Program
The works must be mailed to Domus Academy by and no later than August 30th 2013.
Candidates will be informed about the results of the competition by e-mail on September 20th 2013.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2012/13 and with a knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate).
Electronic entries must be sent to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com
Alternatively, hardcopy entries must be sent to:
Domus Academy, Design Magazine Café Competition
Master Program in Interior & Living Design
Via Darwin, 20 - 20143 Milan - Italy
Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author. The projects sent to Domus Academy will not be returned. All the material must be the result of an unpublished work developed by the candidate, not to be used in other previous occasions.
Master Program Description
The Masters Program is an educational program of excellence, able to reflect upon the changes and transformations of the built space, promoting a permanent research activity focusing on design models and innovative solutions. The program provides cultural knowledge that is halfway between arts and other disciplines. It explores all aspects of interior design, from the most technical to the most intuitive ones.
The program structure includes theoretical lectures focusing on the areas of Strategy and Research, and practical sessions consisting of thematic workshops and technical visits. During the last months of the program, students will focus on an original piece of high level research in a specific area.
INTERNI, the magazine of interiors and contemporary design, since 50 years voice of the new trends in the field of projects and product design is an indispensable working instrument for the operators in this field, appreciated also by those who want to decorate their own houses directly. INTERNI is entitled to undertake the role of proposing communicator, that is an ideal trait d’union between projecting and producing on one side, and, distribution and consumers on the other side. The “service” role of the magazine is strengthened by a system including: “INTERNI King Size”, “INTERNI Guida FuoriSalone” edited yearly on occasion of the Furniture Exhibition in Milan, “Guida Index Italia” (yearly up-dated addresses of the sector) and Interni Panorama Magazine (attached to the regular weekly Panorama). These publications are added to the Guide for Foreign created every year in occasion of the major trade fairs abroad (Paris, New York, Moscow). The activity of INTER NI is also expressed in the design and coordination of exhibitions, conferences and design competitions.
Editor in Chief: Gilda Bojardi.
For more information, please visit official website: www.domusacademy.com.
- Master in Interior & Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Car Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Fashion Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Business Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Accessories Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Visual Brand Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Vehicle Design and Mobility Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Design & Marketing of Luxury Goods Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- Master in Service & Experience Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.