Annual - Society of Exploration Geophysicists Foundation Scholarship Program
Description: In 1956 the Society of Exploration Geophysicists began a program of encouraging the establishment of scholarships funded by companies and individuals engaged or interested in the field of geophysics. SEG saw the need for a more appropriate organization and caused the SEG Foundation to be organized.
Scholarship Type: Merit Based
Year of Study: First UG Year
Second UG Year
Third UG Year
Fourth UG Year
Eligibility: General requirements for eligibility:
- A student must intend to pursue a college curriculum directed toward a career in applied geophysics or a closely related field, such as geosciences, geology, earth and environmental sciences or physics.
- A student must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Attending high school and planning to enter college in the year ahead;
(b) An undergraduate or graduate college student whose grades are above average.
- Certain scholarships administered by the SEG Foundation may impose additional eligibility requirements, as set forth by the sponsors of those awards.
For further information regarding eligibility, please refer to the SEG Foundation website.
Applications can be completed online at SEG Foundation
Applicable to: Current Students
Value: Scholarships range from $500 to $14,000 USD per academic year.
Further Information: A scholarship may be withdrawn and any unused balance refunded to the Foundation if:
- the holder changes his or her college courses from those directed toward a career in applied geophysics to another field of study;
- the holder enrolls in a different school and/or pursues a curriculum other than what he or she listed at the time of initial application, and no longer meets the requirements set forth by the sponsor of the scholarship;
- the holder fails to remain in good scholastic standing; to this end, the holder must see that a report of his or her grades is furnished to the Scholarship Committee at the end of each semester;
- the holder conducts himself or herself in such a way as to embarrass the Society of Exploration Geophysicists or the sponsor of the scholarship.
Criteria: Complete the appropriate sections of the application form and send it promptly to one of the following:
Fax: (918) 497-5560
P.O. BOX 702740, TULSA, OKLAHOMA 74170-2740
(or 8801 S. YALE, STE. 500, TULSA, OKLAHOMA 74137)
Guidelines: Administration of each scholarship is turned over to the school attended by the recipient. The school retains custody of the funds, authorizing withdrawals by the student and remitting to the student any residual amount upon the satisfactory completion of the term of the scholarship. The school is requested to report the recipient`s grades to the Foundation Office at the end of each semester.
- Information Systems Undergraduate Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Health Science - English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- CBS International Innovation Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- PhD Fellowships in Satellite Positioning, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - UI & UGM English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- The Hydrogen Storage Research Group (HSRG) Honours Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Focal Petroleum Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.