The purpose of the MBA (Global) Scholarship is to support and encourage academically talented students to commence the MBA (Global).
- Student type: Future Students
- Faculty: Curtin Business School
- Course type: Postgraduate Coursework
- Gender: Both
- Scholarship base: Merit Based
- Maximum number awarded: 10
- Eligible courses: Any undergraduate Masters degree
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International students
This scholarship will provide 50% of the cost* of the student contribution fees each semester for the normal expected duration of the degree for which the scholarship is offered up to a maximum of 400 credits.
The fee component of the scholarship will be paid directly to the student fee account in two instalments per year to be paid prior to the census date relevant to each enrolled semester.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a MBA (Global) Scholarship:
- Be a future Masters student and apply for and receive an offer of place into the MBA (Global) in 2014
- Have completed an undergraduate degree with a first class honours or academic achievement as evidenced by their academic record (minimum CWA of 70)
- Not to be in receipt of any other Curtin funded scholarships
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study
- Maintain a full time study load of at least 100 credit points each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 70 each semester
- Pass all units attempted each semester
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as outlined above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office in consultation with the graduate school of business.
Changes to enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (email@example.com) for approval BEFORE the change.
Change from full time enrolment: The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect your scholarship.
Change of course: Change of course is not permitted.
Leave of absence: Leave of absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A student who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further fee contributions and will be required to repay to the University the fee contribution awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date (22/11/2013), to the Scholarships Office at the Bentley campus.
Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
For a list of all documentation required for an application, please see the â€˜supporting documentation and application checklistâ€™ at the back of the application form.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application
- Academic merit
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited to attend an interview
The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in mid-January
In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Deferral of this scholarship is NOT permitted.
Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the first semester of study.
This scholarship is not transferable to another major, course, faculty, campus or university.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
Perth WA 6845
Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Need more information?
Telephone: (08) 9266 2992
Fax: (08) 9266 3279
Frequently Asked questions:
For more information about what scholarships you can apply for please visit our application profiles.
For advice on how to complete your application visit our application guidelines page
Students are allowed to hold concurrently one continuing Curtin funded scholarship and one Industry funded scholarship. Alongside the continuing scholarships, students can apply for and hold unlimited one-off payment scholarships (grants, bursaries).
For further information about holding more than one scholarship contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For advice on your Centrelink payments and how your scholarship could affect your payment please see http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/income or contact a Centrelink Office. If you require a letter about your scholarship for Centrelink, please contact the Scholarships Office.
Generally scholarship money paid to full-time students is not treated as taxable income, but if your study load is less than 75 credits (part-time) your scholarship money is not tax exempt. Other than the full-time study requirement, the general rule is that scholarships are exempt from taxation unless:
- it is a condition of the scholarship that a recipient is required to undertake activities that are of use, help or benefit to the scholarship provider - then the student is rendering a service by agreeing to undertake those activities;
- during or upon completion of the degree for which the scholarship is awarded a candidate is required to become, or shall continue to be, an employee of the funding body; or
- an award is received by a student where the scholarship is not provided principally for educational purposes.
The Australian Tax Office has a tool to help you determine if your scholarship is taxable. For expert advice please contact the Australian Taxation Office or your accountant when completing your annual Tax Return. If a letter regarding your scholarship is required for taxation purposes, please contact the Scholarships Office.
For more information, please visit official website: scholarships.curtin.edu.au.
- Pathway Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Heritage Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Health Science - English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- The Hydrogen Storage Research Group (HSRG) Honours Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- PhD Fellowships in Satellite Positioning, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - UI & UGM English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Focal Petroleum Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.