RES | the School for Renewable Energy Science in Iceland is now accepting applications for its one year (90 ECTS credits) international M.Sc. Degree Program in Renewable Energy Science, for the academic year 2011-2012.
The RES Program will in February 2011 complete its third year of operation when 49 masters degree students from twelve different countries will graduate. The students this year are specializing in four different fields, namely Geothermal Energy, Hydropower, Fuel Cell Systems & Hydrogen, and Energy Systems & Policies. RES also offers a specialization in Biofuels & Bioenergy. In the near future the school will as well offer specializations in Wind & Wave Power and in Solar Energy in cooperation with foreign partner universities.
RES is a private institution of higher learning, a graduate school, affiliated with the University of Iceland in Reykjavik and the University of Akureyri in North-Iceland.
RES is seeking limited number of highly qualified students to enroll in the M.Sc. Degree Program. A number of Scholarship Awards are also available for outstanding students, including e8 Scholarships and RES tuition fee waiver.
We would appreciate if you could kindly discuss our M.Sc. Degree Program details and scholarship opportunities with some of your top students interested in pursuing a degree in renewable energy in Iceland. Currently 81% of primary energy in Iceland comes from renewable energy sources, highest of any nation. Essentially 100% of electricity generation in Iceland is already from renewable energy sources and over 99% of space heating. Therefore Iceland is a good example for other nations to follow on their route to a more sustainable energy future.
RES is also looking to further expand co-operation with leading international universities, as academic and research partners for the M.Sc. Degree Program, but equally so for the RES Summer School, RES Executive School, and as new partners for our RESnet Network (for more information visit: www.res.is ). If your university is interested in establishing such a partnership with us (e.g., initially with a MOU) we would like to hear from you.
For more details about RES and the M.Sc. Degree Program please feel free to contact the Rectors Office at email@example.com for further information, or visit our RES homepage at www.res.is
Dr. Bjorn Gunnarsson
RES | the School for Renewable Energy Science
telephone: +354 464 0100
fax: +354 464 0109
- PhD and Postdoctoral in Renewable and Distributed Power Generation at University of Wollongong, Australia
- Summer School on Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development, Germany
- Master (MSc) in Renewable Energy and Architecture, University of Nottingham, UK
- MSc Scholarships, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), UAE
- NRF Clean Energy PhD Scholarships, Economic Development Board, Singapore
- Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
- The Panasonic Trust Fellowships 2010, UK
- Doctoral Scholarships in Energy Science, Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Japan
- Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
- Irving Levin / Stephanie Fowler Scholarship, Portland State University, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.