The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU.
Who is eligible?
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor’s level
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
Coverage and award terms
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of $3,200 *
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- Annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
- Thesis preparation allowance
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation
* With effect from August 2012, the newly admitted students will receive the following monthly stipend
- Singapore Citizens - $3,300
- Singapore Permanent Residents - $3,200
- International students - $3,000
For those under scholarships, the terms for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship are being reviewed.
Revised terms of the scholarships will be implemented from the January 2013 intake onwards.
Please refer to the NPGS website for more details. The application for Academic Year 2014-2015 (August 2014 and January 2015) will be open from 01 October to 30 November 2013.
For applicants to IGS, please apply via https://wis.ntu.edu.sg/webexe/owa/pga$rsh_main.menu.
For applicants to NIE, please be informed that applications will be opened from 8th October 2013 to 30th November 2013. You may apply directly via NIE’s website at http://www.nie.edu.sg/studynie/admissions/graduate-studies-professional-learning
If you have enquiries about the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship, please email to Admissions Research (Admission_Research@ntu.edu.sg).
For more information, please visit official website: www.ntu.edu.sg.
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- NTU-MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nanyang Fellows MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- APEC MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.