2014 Sem 1 Innovative International Scholarships - Onshore Student Pathway Scholarship
Curtin University recognises that Australia continues to rank as a first-choice destination for international students wanting to study at high school, vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate level. Through this scholarship, Curtin invites eligible international students of any citizenship (except Australian) who are currently studying full time as international full fee-paying students onshore in Australia, to apply for a full program of study at Curtin University’s Western Australian campuses. This scholarship awards eligible students 25% of their first year of tuition. This scholarship aims to foster trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Postgraduate Coursework
Nationality: International students
Scholarship base: Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All postgraduate courses (master by coursework) available to International Students
To see available courses to international students, please refer to Curtin’s handbook at: http://international.curtin.edu.au/course-information.htm
To be eligible students must:
- be of any citizenship except Australian
- meet Curtin University and course academic and english language entry requirements
- be onshore full-fee paying international students
- be commencing a full undergraduate or master (coursework) degree in Semester 1, 2014 at Curtin University on Western Australia campus
- Students with with credit for recognised learning (CRL) are not eligible.
- Students cannot apply for this scholarship if they are in receipt of, or have applied for, any other Curtin University scholarship.
- Scholarships are not available to students coming to Curtin via sponsoring bodies.
- The course availability may result in a student not being able to commence a program of their choosing.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study and major
- Maintain a full time study load of at least 100 credit points each semester at Curtin University
- Must maintain a ‘good standing’ status
- Undertake a full program, with no CRL applied
- Must remain international students status through the duration of the scholarship period (penalities may apply for students who withdraw or are terminated from their scholarship year)
- If students are enrolling into a Masters’ degree, it must be a Masters’ degree with a minimum of 400 credits. If the Masters course is less than 400 credit points in duration then a 25% scholarship off the first semester of fees is applicable.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Curtin International Office.
- A student with unsatisfactory progress with Course Weighted Average (CWA) of 50 or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) is not permitted.
This Scholarship is not transferable into any other course, major or university.
- A student who withdraws from their units or course of study or is terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship and will be required to repay to the university any scholarship awarded for that study period.
- Students cannot defer the scholarship beyond Semester 2, 2014.
- Curtin University reserves the right to withdraw any offer of scholarship where the student has not yet accepted the offer or enrolled in the course by the date specified in the letter of offer.
How to apply
Students are invited to apply through any one of Curtin University registered education agents: http://international.curtin.edu.au/agents-in-your-country.cfm
Students can also apply online at: http://international.curtin.edu.au/apply-online.htm.
Applications close: 14/02/2014
Admissions will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
Need more information?
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
Tel: + 61 8 9266 7331
Fax: + 61 8 9266 2605 / + 61 8 9266 4013
International Future Student Services is located:
Bentley Campus (Building 102)
Business hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am – 4:45 pm
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Heritage Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Health Science - English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- The Hydrogen Storage Research Group (HSRG) Honours Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - UI & UGM English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Curtin Humanities - BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- Focal Petroleum Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- PhD Fellowships in Satellite Positioning, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Monash International Merit Scholarship, Monash University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.