Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is an innovative business school located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, continental Europe’s financial hub and a region with a high quality of life. Since its establishment in 1991, Frankfurt School has developed a strong track record in research and teaching in the areas of Finance and Management. With substantial financial support by the Dr Werner Jackstädt Foundation, Frankfurt School established the East-West Centre for Business Studies and Cultural Science which aims at becoming an important hub for area studies Germany.
The ECBC is a member of the Competence Network ‘Institutions and Institutional Change in Post-Socialist Countries: Between Historicity and Global Convergence,’which is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. In the context of this initiative, we are offering a scholarship for a Ph.D. research position at the Centre.
The position is available from spring 2010 for an initial duration of 3 years. We are looking for an excellent graduate of economics, the humanities or the social science with interest in interdisciplinary empirical research, with a good background in quantitative methods, an excellent command of English and a good proficiency in Russian. The research is expected to focus on the comparative study of fiscal structure and regional economic development in Russia and China, with a special emphasis on historical and cultural factors.
Our PhD programme offers rigorous training in theoretical and empirical economics and finance. Research students form an integral part of the institution and are closely integrated in research conducted at the ECBC. The Ph.D student will work under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Carsten Herrmann-Pillath (Academic Director of the ECBC) and Prof. Dr. Alexander Libman, together boffering a strong back-up in institutional economics, Chinese and Russian area studies, and econometrics.
Frankfurt School offers the infrastructure of one of Europe’s top business schools, the opportunity to participate in high-quality applied research as well as excellent contacts to the financial community. Further information on Frankfurt School is available at www.frankfurt-school.de
If you are interested, please submit your application – curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, academic transcripts (courses taken and grades), contact information for 2 academic references, sample research paper or master thesis – electronically or by mail until March 15th, indicating the earliest date at which you could take up the position, to:
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management,
60314 Frankfurt / Germany;
Tel.: +49 69 154008-208
Interested candidates are also invited to contact Prof. Dr. Carsten Herrmann-Pillath (c.hermannpillath[at]frankfurt-school.de) for detailed information about the position.
- Scholarships for International Bachelor & Master Students, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Germany
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany
- Doctoral Fellowships in Psychology, International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- Summer School on Solar Technology Applications for Rural Development, Germany
- The City of Joondalup “Focussing on the Future” Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Master Fellowships for Journalists at Paramadina University by INDIKA ENERGY and MEDCO FOUNDATION, Indonesia
- Beasiswa Orange Tulip untuk Mahasiswa Indonesia yang Berprestasi ke Belanda
- Master / Phd Scholarships in Conflict Studies & Management at Willy Brandt School of Public Policy, Germany
- Executive Deans Honours Scholarship, Faculty of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Economics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Italy