PhD Student Position in Theoretical Nuclear Physics and Quantum Few-Body Physics,
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Our research interests span nuclear structure and reaction theory, few-body physics, effective field theory, density functional theory and the physics of ultracold atomic gases. The Ph.D. research project will lie within one, or several, of these fields. A Ph.D. position at Chalmers is for 4 years of research and course work and can be extended for up to 1 extra year depending on the degree of involvement in teaching duties.
The position is funded by the European Commission via the grant ERC-StG ANSR. The successful candidate will benefit from existing and productive scientific collaborations with researchers in Europe and North America.
Applicants should have a M.Sc. degree in Physics or Engineering Physics. The scientific interest of the candidate should be within theoretical physics. Experience and interest in computational physics methods is desirable.
The application shall be written in English and include the following items:
- An application of a maximum of one A4 page containing your specific qualifications for the position
- Attested copies of education certificates, including grade reports and other documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of recommendation and name of reference persons (optional)
The application shall be sent electronically as pdf or zipped documents.
If any material is not available electronically or cannot be transferred to pdf format, the material can be sent as a hard copy to Registrar. The applicants name and the reference number (2010/309) must be written on the first page of the application.
Chalmers University of Technology
SE-412 96 Göteborg
Letters of recommendation can be sent directly to Registrar (either as hardcopy to the address listed below, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org). The applicants name and the reference number must be written on the first page of any supplementary information.
Review of applications will begin on Jan. 15, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
The starting salary for Ph.D. students at Chalmers is SEK 24.646 / month (gross income). Additional information concerning the position may be obtained from Dr Christian Forssén.
In order to improve the gender balance at the Department, we welcome in particular applications from female candidates.
- SACO: Jan Lindér
- ST: Marie Wenander
- SEKO: Johan Persson
All reachable via Chalmers exchange: +46 31 772 10 00
Application deadline 2011-01-15. Visit http://www.chalmers.se/
- Avancez Scholarship, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- IPOET Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden
- PhD Studentships in Materials & Devices for Quantum Technologies, University College London, UK
- PhD Position in Computer Architecture, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Ericsson Scholarship in Communication Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- PhD Student in Nuclear Power Safety, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- PhD Student in Computer Graphics, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Position in Driver Sleepiness Detection, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Casimir Effect, The Delft-Leiden Casimir Research School, Netherlands