Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Science, located in Warsaw, Poland, invites applications of candidates for PhD position, wishing to work in the project: „Proteomics in characterization of selected protein assemblies” (leader - prof. Michal Dadlez), which will be carried out in collaboration with our French, UK, USA & Slovenian partners. The project focus is the application of MS-based techniques for an in-depth analysis of selected protein assemblies, including their structural analysis (IonMobilitySeparation-MS, ETD monitored HDexchange, etc. – see project details at http://mslab-ibb.pl/pl/team). The project has recently been funded within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science in the frame of EU financed Innovative Economy Programme.
- MSc degree in biophysics, biochemistry, biology, biotechology or alike, obtained within the last four years, publications in peer reviewed journals will be an advantage.
- Strong motivation to work in science, ability to work independently in an interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as proficiency in English are necessary.
Project start date: 01.10.2011.
Project end date: 30.06.2015.
PhD bursary: 3500 polish zloty per month.
Required documents: The candidates should submit their CV, transcript from the last two completed years of studies (with a cumulative average grade), together with a cover letter justifying the application and indicating their area of past and future research interests, reference letters from previous scientific advisors, list of conference abstracts and publications (optional) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the deadline of 22.08.2011.
The documents will be screened by the project leader and based of the record of the scientific carreer the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The interview will include a short (10 minutes) presentation of the previous work of the Candidate and the discussion of the first choice subproject and the topics connected to the project. The interview (7-9 September 2011) will take place at the IBB PAN, ul. Pawinskiego 5a in Warsaw, Poland. When necessary a teleconference will be organized for the interview.
As required by the programme rules the successful candidates sign an agreement to complete their PhD defense before 15.06.2015.
The details of the recruitment policy can be found at: http://mslab-ibb.pl/pl/team
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- UNESCO / Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme (Political Science - 2010)
- UNESCO / Poland Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme (Science and Technology - 2010)
- PhD Studentships, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
- Master Studentship in Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Germany
- PhD Studentship in Computational Biology, Institute of Structural Biology and Biophysics (ISB-3), Germany
- Beasiswa SMA, Sampoerna Academy, Putera Sampoerna Foundation, Indonesia
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Plant Biochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- Harvard Academy Graduate Fellowships, USA