GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Biologicals, a worldwide leader in vaccine development, is committed to innovation especially in the field of adjuvant science and human immunology. In this context, GSK Biologicals intends to initiate a post-doctoral fellowship (2 years) at its Research & Development Department of Pre-clinical Immunology in Rixensart, Belgium.
The main goal of this program is to investigate correlates of protection for viral diseases (i.e. seasonal and pandemic influenza) induced following vaccination.
IMMUNE CORRELATES FOR PROTECTION AGAINST INFLUENZA INFECTION
(Project Leaders: S. Giannini and B. Baras)
The aim of this project is to define and compare the determinants of the innate and/or adaptive pathways that lead to natural or vaccine induced protection from influenza infections using various animal models. The developments of new immunological read-outs including cellular mediated immune responses will be an essential aspect of the work. This project will support the design of innovative adjuvanted vaccines capable of inducing protective immunity against influenza infection.
Applicants should hold PhD in immunology or any related fields (e.g. innate immunity, vaccinology, virology). Technical expertise with flow cytometry, virus neutralization assays and cell culture would be appreciated.
The program will be funded by a European People Marie-Curie program. Post-doc fellowship and could start as soon as June 2011.
Candidates are invited to send their CV and a cover letter explaining their motivation by e-mail to any.henri[at]gskbio.com by May 30, 2010. Interviews and selection of candidates will be made by June 30 at the latest.
All questions regarding the eligibility and the administrative context of the fellowship can be sent to francoise.javaux[at]gskbio.com
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN), Singapore
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Postdoctoral Position in Precision Livestock Farming, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.