Enter the Scholarship Competition and you could win $1,000
Why do presentation skills matter? It has been said that “the leading role is always a speaking part.” People who are comfortable speaking in front of others often have an advantage in playing leadership roles. Those who are great public speakers and presenters often rise to high positions of authority in government, education, law, medicine and business.
Today’s tidal wave of technology offers many marvelous tools and devices that can enhance a presentation. Yet, some of the most persuasive presenters still rely only on the spoken word.
Tell us in 300 words or less:
Is technology critical to a live presentation? Or is technology just a crutch?
Awards: A total of (10) $1,000 Student Scholarships
Judging: Papers will be selected by an independent judging panel.
Criteria for selection will be:
- 30 points - Original thinking
- 40 points - Relevance to real world
- 30 points - Writing quality
1. Applicant must be a high school student in the United States
2. Must have teacher to sponsor student
3. Allow permission to use photo and essay for publicity purposes
4. Deadline to submit is Midnight, April 30, 2011
Submit here: http://samsungscholarship.com/essay.html
- Samsung Electronics Global Scholarship Program, Seoul National University, Korea
- Gates FIRST Robotics Competition Scholarships, USA
- Kellaway Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- Doctoral Fellowships in Competition and Innovation Legal and Economic Determinants, The International Max Planck Research School, Germany
- Undergraduate Scholarship Competition, Prasetiya Mulya & Metro TV, Indonesia
- European Business School London International Scholarship, UK
- Undergraduate International Scholarships, European Business School London, UK
- Master in Vehicle Design and Mobility Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy
- International Master in Tourism & Leisure Scholarships, MIB School of Management, Italy
- Master in Interior and Living Design Scholarship Competition, Domus Academy, Italy