Whereas conventional scholarships for doctorate or PhD studies assume that a scholarship holder will stay at a German institution of higher education for several consecutive years, the “Sandwich Scheme” described hereafter is a flexible multi phase funding program. Within the Sandwich Scheme, PhD students carry out their research and studies alternately in their home country and in Germany, following a schedule set in advance and under continuous supervision by Indonesian and German academics. The doctorate is obtained at the Indonesian university.
Within the academic funding schemes of numerous development countries, training and further education of future and young university teachers is given special priority. Besides specialization and increasing previously gained knowledge, students very often strive for a PhD or doctorate degree as frequently required according to the regulations ruling university careers in their home country. Even in cases where PhD studies would be possible in the student’s home country, a doctorate degree from an industrial nation is often preferred for reasons of prestige. PhD studies abroad, however, carry with them risks: of alienation connected with very long study courses, loss of originally reserved lecturing posts at the home university, of research geared too much to the developed country and its needs, and finally the risk of temptation to settle in the host country.
- DAAD Short-term Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates, Germany
- DAAD Short-term Research Grants for University Academics and Scientists, Germany
- Master / Phd Scholarships in Conflict Studies & Management at Willy Brandt School of Public Policy, Germany
- DAAD Longterm Research Grants in Architecture, Music, Fine Art, Design & Film, Germany
- Mentoring Scholarships for International PhD Students, LMU Munich, Germany
- Scholarship for Artists and Architects, DAAD Germany
- Master and Doctoral DAAD Indonesia Scholarships, Germany
- Leibniz - DAAD Research Fellowships, Germany
- DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries, Munich Intellectual Property Law Center, Germany
- DAAD Scholarships for Postgraduate Courses for Professionals, Germany
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.daadjkt.org.