The Seymour Duncan Bass Scholarship was created to honor innovative music legend Seymour Duncan and will be awarded in Fall 2012 to an intermediate or advanced student (US or non-US citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Bass) program who demonstrates overall outstanding musicianship, passion for the instrument and the potential for developing their own individual sound or unique voice on the instrument in any style or genre. Applicants must also demonstrate financial need.
The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Bass Performance program only, and may not be transferred to “non-performance program” emphases (Audio Engineering, Music Business, Independent Artist, Guitar Craft, or Film) within an AA degree.
$2,000.00 tuition credit ($1,000.00 per quarter for the first two consecutive quarters of the program. Awardee must maintain enrollment at 12 units (fulltime status) during the full length of award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in AA (Bass) program for the full duration of the scholarship may result in withdrawal of the award.
Requirements & Checklist
- Newly-enrolled AA (Bass) Program students only.
- US citizen and non-US citizen.
- Submit a video recording (DVD format only) of you performing three (3) songs in any genre on the electric bass. It is recommended that this include two (2) live ensemble (band or duo) performances, and one (1) bass solo performance.
- Provide the completed application form including: Verifiable financial need (submit 2011 tax return or other means of income verification).
For programs beginning: Fall 2012
Submit application by: August 24, 2012
All materials must be submitted in a complete package and mailed via US Postal Service to:
6752 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
For more information, please visit official website: www.mi.edu.
- Seymour Duncan Guitar Craft Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Seymour Duncan Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- ESP Bass Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Bass Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- International Students Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Jim Duncan Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Hard Rock Cafe / Hollywood High Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Sennheiser Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Gilt City LA Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Film Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.