Özyegin University, Istanbul, Turkey
The programs which will be accepting international students in the 2011-2012 academic year are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical - Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
a) International applicants who have successfully completed secondary education or are in their last year of secondary
b) Applications cannot be accepted from those who:
- hold Turkish nationality
- are a citizen of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- hold dual nationality, one of which is Turkish or that of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- starting from the year 2011, have followed and completed their secondary education either in Turkey or in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and gave up Turkish nationality or that of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus while holding dual nationality
- have been dismissed from a higher education program in Turkey for disciplinary reasons
Admission decisions are given in accordance to the applicants relative merit based on one or more of the following:
- High school/lycée diploma. Please see here for the full list of high school/lycée diploma recognized.
- YÖS (Examination for Foreign Students for Higher Education Programs in Turkey; offered for the last time in 2010): minimum 45 standard points in the Basic Learning Skills part (taken within the last two years).
- Recognized national or international examinations. Please see here for the full list of examinations recognized and minimum points.
- Ozyegin University Entrance Examination
Scholarships are being offered to qualified accepted international students, in the form of tuition waivers, from 25% up to 100% level. There are additional scholarships available based on International Baccalaureate, ABITUR, Matura and French Baccalaureate diplomas, completion of AP program and performance in International Science Olympiads. You will also have the opportunity to improve your scholarship status after admission to OzU by demonstrating high academic performance in your classes (academic merit scholarships).
Provide the following documentation in person, via mail or through electronic medium during the application period.
1. Application Form. Please complete all parts carefully and attach (for electronic submissions) or enclose (in the case of mailing or faxing) copies of all required documents (picture, passport identity page, high school diploma and transcript, test scores, ect.).
2. Copy of exam results you are using to meet the application requirements listed above.
3. Copy of lycée/high school diploma if you have already graduated. For diplomas not written in English or Turkish, a translation of the diploma into English or Turkish should be provided. For lycées/high schools abroad, an equivalence letter obtainable from the Ministry of Education of Turkey or local Turkish Embassy certifying the equivalency of the diploma to that of a Turkish high school will be required at registration. If you are in your last year of secondary education, the diploma (in original) and equivalence letter will be required at registration.
4. Copy of your high school transcript showing all courses taken and grades achieved. For transcripts not written in English or Turkish, a translation of the transcript should be provided. If an explanation of the grading system is not included in the transcript, a document providing such information should be attached.
5. If available, a copy of TOEFL-IBT results taken within the last 2 years and with a minimum score of 80 (Özyegin University TOEFL code: 5991). If you do not submit your TOEFL score you will need to take the English Language Placement and Proficiency Tests administered by the Özyegin School of English Language Instruction during the registration period. Depending on the results of these tests, you may be placed in the English language instruction program before entering your undergraduate study program or start your undergraduate study program directly.
6. Copy of your passport (pages with photograph and identity information)
7. Two passport size photographs (should be 4.5 cm x 6 cm, taken within the last 6 months, standard head shots; please also write your first and last name on the back)
Application Deadline: August 15, 2011
Late Application Deadline: August 26, 2011
Beginning of Enrolment: September 5, 2011
Application Evaluation and Acceptance
Applications will be evaluated within the approved international student quota according to their relative merit for acceptance and scholarship offers. Acceptance decisions are rendered by the relevant Faculty Executive Board. If necessary, you may be interviewed via phone or e-mail.
Accepted students will be sent a letter of acceptance by the university starting from the beginning of August 2010.
You will need to submit the documents supporting your application in original upon enrolment to the university; failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your acceptance.
In case of acceptance, you will need to obtain a student visa to enter Turkey. You will not qualify for a student residence permit if you enter without a student visa.
Please direct all of your inquiries and submit the relevant application documents to the following:
Kusbakisi Cad. No: 2
34662 Altunizade Üsküdar Istanbul
Necessary Documents for Enrolment
For students accepted to the university, please bring the following documents in person to register within the posted registration dates. Students who do not complete the enrolment procedure will lose their right to study at the university.
1. Original copy of the exam results submitted to meet the application requirements
2. Original high school diploma. For diplomas not written in English or Turkish, a translation of the diploma into English or Turkish should also be provided (if not previously included with the application). For lycées/high schools abroad please bring the original equivalence letter obtainable from the Ministry of Education of Turkey or local Turkish Embassy certifying the equivalency of the diploma to that of a Turkish high school.
3. If available, an original document proving that the student has graduated from an English medium high school located in a country where the native language is English or an original copy of a valid and acceptable English Language Proficiency score report:
TOEFL-IBT* At least 80 in total and at least 20 in each section (taken within the last two years)
TOEFL-PBT At least 550 and at least 4 in the writing section (taken within the last two years)
IELTS Academic Module Minimum total score of 6.5 and at least 5 points in each section (taken within the last two years)
FCE At least B (taken within the last three years)
CAE/CPE At least C (taken within the last three years)
KPDS/ÜDS At least 86 (taken within the last three years)
*Özyegin University TOEFL Code: 5991
If one of the above documents is not present at the time of enrollment, the student will need to take the English Language Placement and Proficiency Tests administered by Ozyegin University’s School of English Language Instruction. Depending on the results of these tests, admitted students may be placed in the English language preparatory program before entering their undergraduate study program.
4. Notarized copy of the pages from the passport that have the student’s photograph, identity information and the
5. Copy of your residence permit issued by the Bureau of Foreign Residence at the General Directorate of Security
(within one month from the enrolment).
6. 12 Passport Size Photographs (should be 4.5 cm x 6 cm, taken within the last 6 months, standard head shots;
please also write your first and last name on the back)
7. Bank statement showing payment of university fees for the registration term.
8. Proof of health insurance coverage while residing in Turkey.
For more information, please visit official website: www.ozyegin.edu.tr.
- Undergraduate, Graduate & Research Scholarships in Turkey
- Graduate Scholarship Programme for International Students, Turkey
- PhD Studentships in Spintronics, Nanomagnetism and Magnetic Resonance, Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany
- Undergraduate, Master & PhD Scholarships from Turkish Government, Turkey
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Istanbul Sehir University, Turkey
- Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens, Turkey
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- International Master Scholarships in Digital Library Learning (DILL), Europe
- Undergraduate Scholarships, City University London, UK
- Undergraduate Science International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK